Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

The Port Chester Blog Of Record

The Port Chester Blog Of Record - Brain Harrod Editor / Publisher

Sunday, October 14, 2007

10/14/07 - Letter To The Editor




Source: Journal News


Reading the "bike helmet" article on a cool, rainy Wednesday morning, certainly got me hot under the collar! Because of a hectic work schedule, I missed any preceding media coverage on efforts by our lawmakers to make ALL bike riders wear helmets. I also missed the public meeting to voice my opposition. Governments are placing more and more restrictions on choice. This bike issue just adds one more insult. Next they will ban high-heeled shoes for women, mandate the use of sunscreen at beaches, and who knows what else.


I often ride to and park my bike by the train station. But I'll be darned if I have to drag a helmet along with me to Manhattan, or leave it attached to my bike all day. I'll go back to fouling the air with my car. It seems that our legislators want to slip one more "s" in after the "s" in representative, and omit the remaining part of the word.


G. R. Ceccarelli
Port Chester


Here Is The Article That
Mr. Ceccarelli
is refering to:

Westchester to consider requiring adults to wear bike helmets. By GLENN BLAIN THE JOURNAL NEWS. (Original publication: October 8, 2007) ........

No comments:

Go To The Port Chester Roundup Home Page

The Raw Port Chester Blog And RSS Feed

Most Popular Posts - Last Seven Days

Most Popular Posts - Last 30 Days

Most Popular Posts - All Time