Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

The Port Chester Blog Of Record

The Port Chester Blog Of Record - Brain Harrod Editor / Publisher

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

08/28/07 - Port Chester Taxi Companies Are Better Than Greenwich Taxi


Letter To The Editor


HEADLINE




STORY:


To the editor:


I have a simple solution to the lack of available parking at Westchester County Airport (Greenwich Time news story, Aug. 20).


I live in Greenwich, like many people who utilize this convenient airport. In fact, I live 6.5 miles from the facility. If I want to leave my car at home and take a taxi, I have to pay $46 one way, not including tip, for the 6.5 miles.Greenwich Taxi seems to be the only transportation available.


Why can't I find another company to compete with Greenwich Taxi? There are a couple in Port Chester, but they seem intimidated to take a fare to the airport. Am I imagining this? What's that about?


I'd be happy to take a bus or shuttle, but one is not available.I travel to Chicago often, and average airfare price is $200. To use Greenwich Taxi at $92 round-trip, plus tip, would cost me $105 plus. So the 6.5 mile ride, which takes nine minutes and frees up a parking space, would cost more than half the price of my airfare.


I really don't blame Greenwich Taxi. The company is asking and getting what it wants. But isn't there some town committee that could take a minute from deciding which color tulips to plant downtown and instead decide how better to manage transportation to the airport?


Barbara DuBois

Greenwich


Source: Greenwich Time


No comments:

Go To The Port Chester Roundup Home Page

The Raw Port Chester Blog And RSS Feed

Most Popular Posts - Last Seven Days

Most Popular Posts - Last 30 Days

Most Popular Posts - All Time