Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

The Port Chester Blog Of Record

The Port Chester Blog Of Record - Brain Harrod Editor / Publisher

Thursday, August 23, 2007

08/23/07 - "I didn't want to hurt him. I just wanted him to get out of the way," Maureen Jackson told the Port Chester detective


HEADLINE:




STORY:



“I didn't want to hurt him. I just wanted him to get out of the way”
A woman accused of killing her ex-boyfriend by running him over with her car told a detective that she first got angry with the victim when he made her walk four blocks and then more so when he stood in front .........


.........She said she asked Schribman to put her bag in her car and got mad at him when he asked for a ride back to his car. She wouldn't open the passenger door for him, she told the detective.
"I started to pull away and he stood in front of the car," she said, according to the statement. "He wouldn't move so I pressed on the accelerator very gently just to try to get him to move. I nudged him with my front bumper but he stood his ground directly in the middle of the front of my car. I then accelerated harder because I was even more angry now and I wanted to speed away."


She said she "felt a thud after I ran over his body" but she kept going because she wanted to get back to Mount Kisco.


Jackson had worked for the agency that managed the group home and was known to have mental health problems of her own. The housemate she claimed to be dating said in January that they only had a platonic relationship. Another housemate, William Petrovich, told The Journal News that Schribman was trying to stop Jackson from leaving because they were concerned she was depressed. She had promised them she was going to see a psychiatrist the next day and they didn't think she was in any condition to go home by herself, Petrovich said.






In compliance with copyright and fair use standards, this story has been truncated. Please click on the Source URL link below to read the entire story.




Reporter: Jonathan Bandler at jbandler@lohud.com or 914-694-3520.


No comments:

Go To The Port Chester Roundup Home Page

The Raw Port Chester Blog And RSS Feed

Most Popular Posts - Last Seven Days

Most Popular Posts - Last 30 Days

Most Popular Posts - All Time